Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, April 30, 2015

direction, thursday

Thursday, April 30

Opening Prayer: Father, you alone know what lies before me this day, grant that in every hour of it I may stay close to you.  Let me today embark on no undertaking that is not in line with your will for my life, nor shrink from any sacrifice which your will may demand.  Suggest, direct, control, every movement of my mind; for my Lord Christ’s sake.  Amen. (A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie)

Scripture: Jeremiah 33:1-3

Journal: Who do you normally call on first when you are in need of guidance or direction?  What would it look like to take this verse to heart?

Reflection:
 
Christian life is ultimately this yielding to what God is doing in us through the Spirit of Christ.  It is the Spirit’s activity, yet, in a mysterious way, it is also truly our own. (The Journey Within by Kathryn J. Hermes)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Lord, be the first direction I turn when I am in need of guidance or clarity.  Help me to trust in your promise that when I call on you, you will show me great and hidden things that I do not know.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment