Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, April 13, 2015

moving deeper, monday

Monday, April 13

Opening Prayer: Jesus, help us to hear your call today to a life abandoned to your kingdom and your purposes.  To think that you would call us to anything less than that is utter fantasy.  There is no half-way with you.  It is all or nothing.  Help us to be “all in.”  Amen.

Scripture: Mark 8:27-38

Journal: Who do you say Jesus is?  Who does your life say he is?

Reflection:
 
     Looking for Jesus is an undertaking fraught with danger.  As I intimated earlier, the closer you get to finding him, the higher the stakes become.  He is no mere passive object to be circled and appraised like a piece of sculpture.  You look at him and he looks back.  You may begin the search for Jesus with your own agenda, but be warned:  he has one too.  As the disciples discovered, you pay a price for finding Jesus.
     He may, in fact, one day turn to you, as he did those feckless first-century followers and ask, ”But you-who do you say that I am?”  Then you will either have to abandon his company altogether or spend the rest of your life trying to answer that question. ~Virginia Stem Owens

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Vindicate me, Lord, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the Lord and have not faltered.  Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness. …My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the Lord. (Psalm 26:1-3, 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment