Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

direction, wednesday

Wednesday, April 29

Opening Prayer: O God, you are the potter and I am the clay.  Mold me and shape me into the image you desire me to be.  I realize that I am a work in progress and I long to be all that you dreamt for me to be.  Help me to become something beautiful in your strong and tender hands.  Amen. 

Scripture: Jeremiah 18:1-6

Journal: How is God molding and shaping you these days?  Are you open to him doing whatever he wishes in you, or with you?

Reflection:
 
We desperately need men and women at our side who have disciplined their minds to think God: who God is and what he is doing in and among us; what it means to be created and chosen by God and how we get in on what he intends for us. (The Wisdom of Another by Eugene Peterson)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O my God, when will silence, retirement, and prayer become the occupations of my soul as they are now frequently the objects of my desires?  How I am wearied with saying so much and yet doing so little for You!  Come, Jesus, come, You the only object of my love, the center and supreme happiness of my soul!  Come, and impress my mind with such a lively conviction of Thy presence that all within me may yield to its influence.  Amen. ~Thomas A Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment