Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, April 27, 2015

direction, monday

Monday, April 27

Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, help me keep my eyes on You.  You are the incarnation of Divine Love, You are the expression of God’s infinite compassion, You are the visible manifestation of the Father’s holiness.  You are beauty, goodness, gentleness, forgiveness, and mercy.  In You all can be found.  Outside of You nothing can be found.  Why should I look elsewhere or go elsewhere?  You have the words of eternal life, You are food and drink, You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  You are the light that shines in the darkness, the lamp on the lampstand, the house of the hilltop.  In and through You I can see and find my way to the Heavenly Father.  O Holy One, Beautiful One, Glorious One, be my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, me Guide, my Consoler, my Comforter, my Hope, my Joy, and my Peace.  To You I want to give all that I am.  Let me be generous, not stingy or hesitant.  Let me give You all—all I have, think, do, and feel.  It is Yours, O Lord.  Please accept it and make it fully Your own. Amen. ~Henri Nouwen

Scripture: Jeremiah 6:16

Journal: What crossroads are you standing at these days?  What happens when you stand, and look, and ask?  What do you see?  What do you hear?  Do you gain any clarity about the journey ahead?  What are the ancient paths and how will you walk in them?

Reflection:
 
The real question is “What does this have to say to me?”  Those who are totally converted come to every experience and ask not whether or not they liked it, but what does it have to teach them.  “What’s the message in this for me?  What’s the gift in this for me?  How is God in this event?  Where is God in this suffering?” (Everything Belongs by Richard Rohr)

Prayers

Closing Prayer:

O Beautiful Mystery
Where is the life that once held me
 in its sometimes gentle, sometimes terrible grasp?
That life lives on; I am every age I've ever been!
How easy it is to forget as I walk through the day
that I carry within me layers of life, layers of ages.
My life is a mystery story still unfolding
It is a good life full of joys and sorrows,
promises kept, promises broken
memories and forgetfulness.
O God of so much mystery
Continue to dwell in the layers of my life.
Be my way when I lose the way.
May it come to pass!
 
~Macrina Wiederkehr

No comments:

Post a Comment