Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, May 1, 2015

direction, friday

Opening Prayer: O Lord My God, when the storm is loud, and the night is dark, and the soul is sad, and the heart oppressed, then, as a weary traveler, may I look to you; and beholding the light of your love, may it bear me on, until I learn to sing your song in the night.  Amen. (Little Book of Prayers by George Dawson)

Scripture: Isaiah 30:18-21

Journal: How do you respond to the image of God who waits to show you mercy?  What do you think he is waiting on?  Is there anywhere in your life right now that you get the sense that God is saying, “This is the way, walk in it?”

Reflection:
 
I must spend enough time in prayer and faithful listening to the voice of God to be brought to the moment of trust and surrender when I can give up my preconceived ideas and become open to God’s idea.  My first concern is not my desired result.  My first concern is God and the fidelity of our relationship, and then the result of the discernment efforts will come quite naturally. (A Guide to Spiritual Discernment by Rueben P. Job)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O God, the source of all understanding, wisdom, and knowledge, instill within us discerning hearts and minds that we may come to know your plan for our lives.  May we trust in your will and walk boldly and with confidence the path you have set before us, this day and always.  Amen. (A Guide to Prayer for All Who Walk with God by Rueben P. Job, Norman Shawchuck, and John S. Mogabgab)

No comments:

Post a Comment