Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, April 26, 2015

direction, sunday

Sunday, April 26

Opening Prayer: God be in my head, and in my understanding; God be in mine eyes, and in my looking; God be in my mouth, and in my speaking; God be in my heart, and in my thinking; God be at mine end, and at my departing. ~Sarum Primer, 16th century

Scripture: Proverbs 3:1-6

Journal: What direction are you seeking from God in your life these days?  What does it look like to trust in him and to lean not on your own understanding?  Who might be a helpful companion to journey alongside you in this discernment process?

Reflection:
 
Spiritual direction is a conversation with another in which we share our life, our experience of prayer, the movement of the Spirit within us.  As the other person listens, prays with us, and points out certain things we may not have noticed, we become more attentive and responsive to the Spirit’s action in our life.  He or she also helps us pay attention to God as he actively reveals himself.  God’s voice can be heard more clearly when the muddle of our thoughts is clarified. (Beginning Contemplative Prayer by Kathryn J. Hermes)

Prayers
 
Closing Prayer: Grant me, O Lord my God, a mind to know you, a heart to seek you,
wisdom to find you, conduct pleasing to you, faithful perseverance in waiting for you,
and a hope of finally embracing you.  Amen. ~St. Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment