Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, April 19, 2015

the dance, sunday

Sunday, April 19

Opening Prayer: My God and Father, Lord of the dance, allow me to see this day and this moment for what it really is—an invitation to dance the dance of life and faith with the One who made me.  May I dance this day with joy and passion, knowing that there will never be another one just like it.  In the name of Jesus I Pray.  Amen.

Scripture: Jeremiah 31:1-14

Journal: What is causing your soul to dance these days?

Reflection:
 
     The cosmic dance of the universe is perhaps best articulated in the last three paragraphs of New Seeds of Contemplation, Merton’s most popular and best-loved book.  The basic image is a favorite of the mystics, the image of God as bridegroom dancing with his bride, that is, all of creation, at a wedding feast.  How often we’ve seen at a wedding reception the bridegroom with an enormous smile and tender love sweep his bride into his arms and out onto the dance floor; then the other couples follow.  So also our cosmic God of creation.  He is so deeply in love with his whole creation, especially us his rational creation, that he is engaged in a joyous dance daily with us, the work of his hands.  This dance is going on all the time around us and in us, in every breath we draw and in every heartbeat.  To live fully then is to tap into this reality that lies below the surface of things and to touch this rich river of joy and love that is being poured out into this world. (A Traveler toward the Dawn by John Eagan)

Prayers
 
Closing Prayer: Dance with me, O Lover of my soul, to the Song of all songs.  Romance me, O Lover of my soul, to the Song of all songs.  Behold You have come over the hills upon the mountain.  To me You will run, my Beloved, You've captured my heart. (Dance with Me by Paul Wilbur)

No comments:

Post a Comment