Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

moving deeper, tuesday

Tuesday, April 14

Opening Prayer: One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

Journal: The image that we most often behold is the image we will ultimately be formed into.  What do you spend most of your day beholding?  How is that reflected in who and what you are becoming?  What does it mean to behold the Lord?  How well are you reflecting him these days?

Reflection:
 
When the soul is occupied with looking away from present trials into the face of Christ, and making this a regular and passionate occupation, this soul will become more tranquil and still, and therefore more able to reflect the Being it adores.  This reflected glory will enable us to love our neighbor as ourselves. ~Marian Scheele

 
Truth sees God, and wisdom beholds God, and from these two comes the third, and that is a marvelous delight in God, which is love. ~Julian of Norwich

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me.  My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”  Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, O God. (Psalm 27:7-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment