Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, July 16, 2020

seeing

Opening Prayer:  Lord Jesus, only when I see myself as you see me, can I ever hope to see others as you see them.  Please give me the grace to do both.  Amen. 

Scripture: John 1:43-51

Journal: When Jesus sees into your heart, what does he say?  What beauty and truth does he call forth?  How does that help you to see others in the same way?

Reflection: Being truly seen by Jesus frees us to truly see others and not project our own fears and insecurities and issues and dysfunctions onto them.  Once we are seen by Jesus, we go about our days and our lives with our eyes and our hearts open; looking beyond the surface of things and of people and seeing into the depths, making us able to draw out and call forth that which is most true and most beautiful about them.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Show me your ways. O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalm 25:4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment