Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, July 19, 2020

don't settle

Opening Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, when I settle for less than the life and the love you desire for me.  Help me to learn what it means to truly follow you, and then help me to do it, regardless of the cost.  Amen.

Scripture: Mark 10:21

Journal: Where in your life are you content to settle for less than what God wants for you?  What will it take for you to fully follow Jesus in that area?

Reflection: Jesus looked at the man and loved him.  “One thing you still lack,” he said.  “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.  Then come, follow me.”
     “I know that may sound demanding, and maybe even harsh, but it is what will bring you to life inside.  I made you for so much more than the life you are experiencing.  I long to give you more than the life, and the lesser loves and treasures, you are settling for.  Raise your aspirations.  Stop just trying to slide by on the minimum requirement.  Stop just trying to feel better.  Stop running to broken wells that cannot satisfy.  I love you far too much to allow you to settle for less than all the life and the fullness and the love I made you for.  Come, follow me.”  

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, show me where I am settling for less.  Show me where and how I am just trying to get by.  Show me the things, or the people, that I am putting before you, and give me the grace and the strength and the courage to let them go so I can truly follow you.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment