Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

full

Opening Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you that you made me for fullness.  Help me to never settle for anything less than that.  Amen.

Scripture: Ephesians 3:19

Journal: What is your honest knee jerk reaction to the notion that God wants to give you more of himself?  Is there any resistance to the idea?  Why?  How does God want to give you more of himself these days?  What is he asking of you?

Reflection: If I am totally honest, I have to admit that although I am really drawn to the idea of being filled to the measure of all the fullness of God, it is also a little scary.  There is, sadly enough, some resistance in me.  There is a part of me that immediately asks the question, “What is it going to cost me?”  Is that not incredibly sad?  The God who dreamt me into being offers to fill me with all of his fullness and I am worried about what I will lose.  Unbelievable!
     The truth is that although we all want more of God, in some ways we are afraid for ask for it.  I think that’s because more of God always means less of me.  And if I am being brutally honest, I am often content to settle for less of God , if it means that I can retain a little more of me.  And I am sure that it breaks God’s heart.  Why in the world would I settle for less, when he made me for so much more?  Yet I do.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord, forgive me when my thinking gets so screwed up that I resist the fullness you want to offer me, in order to retain my own independence.  Forgive me when I get so afraid of what I might lose, that I resist the very thing that will give me the life and the love I most deeply long for.  Have mercy on me, O Lord.  Give me the strength and the grace and the courage to open myself up to all of the fullness you long to give me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment