Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, July 5, 2020

pour it out

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, may your great love and affection completely capture my heart and totally change my life.  May everything I have and everything I am be given to you as an expression of my love and gratitude.  Amen.

Scripture: John 12:1-8

Journal: What is God saying to you through the scriptures today? How will you show Jesus your love today?

Reflect: If you were going to express your love to the one you hold most dear, how would you do it?  Would you buy flowers and light candles?  Would you cook a great meal, turn on some soft music, and open a bottle of fine wine?  Or would you write a poem or sing a song or paint a portrait?  My guess is that whatever you did, you would give it your absolute best; you would give your beloved all you’ve got.
     That’s what Mary did.  She was so full of love that she simply couldn’t contain herself.  Thus, she took what was most valuable to her and she poured it out on the One who had captured her heart and filled her life.  It was an overflow.  It was her response to having been loved so fully and completely and passionately by Jesus.  She didn’t care about protocol and she didn’t worry about what people would think or say, she just poured herself out.  She didn’t consider what portion of this expensive perfume she should give, she just gave it all.  She poured out every drop on the feet of Jesus and it filled the house with the most beautiful fragrance you could imagine.  I’ll bet Jesus loved every second of it.
     How do you want to express your affection for Jesus today?  How will you try to bring a smile to his lips and joy to his heart?  What do you want to give him?  What do you want to do for him, or say to him?  Whatever you’ve got, whatever gift you have been given, give it fully to him today.  Pour it out on his feet and allow the fragrance of your love to bring delight to his heart.  Write him a poem or a song or a letter telling him how you feel about him.  Don’t hold anything back.  Give him everything you’ve got.  And then enjoy the smile on his face. 

Prayer

Closing Prayer: What have I to give you, Lord Jesus, that would bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart?  Whatever it may be, help me to give it freely and extravagantly, to show you the depths of my affection.  I love you, Lord Jesus!  I love you so much!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment