Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

seek, tuesday

Tuesday, May 27

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Father, You alone know what lies before me this day.  Grant that in every hour of it I may stay close to you.  Let me today embark on no undertaking that is not in line with your will for my life, nor shrink from any sacrifice which your will may demand.  For my Lord Christ’s Sake.  Amen, (A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie)

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Chronicles 7:12-22

Reading for Reflection:

We tend to use God instead of seek Him.  We want God to do our bidding more than we want Him. (When the Pieces Don’t Fit by Glaphre Gilliland)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                          
Closing Prayer: Father of all humanity, you call your children to walk in the light of Christ.  Free us from darkness and keep us forever in the radiance of your truth, until we come at last to live with you on high.  We pray this in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Amen. (The Little Book of Hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment