Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

devotion, thursday

Thursday, May 22

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty, so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!  And behold, you were within me and I was outside, and there I sought for you, and in my deformity I rushed headlong into the well-formed things that you have made.  You were with me, and I was not with you.                                                                                            
                                                                                                ~St. Augustine

Scripture Reading for the Day:  Matthew 25:1-13

Reading for Reflection:

     Watch the things you shrug your shoulders over, and you will know why you do not go on spiritually.  First go—at the risk of being thought fanatical you must obey what God tells you. (My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                          
Closing Prayer: O God of light and life, show me your world as it really is, so that I may live each day confidently knowing that each and every moment has eternal significance because your love pervades all things.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment