Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

devotion, wednesday

Wednesday, May 21

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty, so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!  And behold, you were within me and I was outside, and there I sought for you, and in my deformity I rushed headlong into the well-formed things that you have made.  You were with me, and I was not with you.                                                                                               
                                                                                                ~St. Augustine

Scripture Reading for the Day: Revelation 3:14-22

Reading for Reflection:            

O Begin!  Fix some part of every day for private exercises.  You may acquire the taste which you have not: what is tedious at first will afterward be pleasant.  Whether you like it or not, read and pray daily.  It is for your life; there is no other way: else you will be a trifler all your days.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ~John Wesley

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                           
Closing Prayer: Lord God, place a fire deep down in my soul, a fire that constantly makes me yearn for more and more of you.  Help me to never settle for any less than that.  Help me never to settle for a boring, mundane, half-hearted, lukewarm spiritual existence.  Thank you that you are a God who constantly knocks.  Give me the wisdom, the strength, and the courage to consistently open the door.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment