Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, May 19, 2014

devotion, monday

Monday, May 19

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
 
Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty, so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!  And behold, you were within me and I was outside, and there I sought for you, and in my deformity I rushed headlong into the well-formed things that you have made.  You were with me, and I was not with you.                                                                                       
                                                                                                ~St. Augustine

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Peter 1:3-11

Reading for Reflection:

     Oh be generous in your self-surrender!  Meet His measureless devotion to you, with a measureless devotion to Him.  Be glad and eager to throw yourself headlong into His dear arms, and to hand over the reins of government to Him.  Whatever there is of you, let Him have it all.  Give up forever everything that is separate from Him.  (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                           
Closing Prayer: I ask you, Lord Jesus, to develop in me, your lover, an immeasurable urge towards you, an affection that is unbounded, longing that is unrestrained, fervor that throws discretion to the winds!  The more worthwhile our love for you, all the more pressing does it become.  Reason cannot hold it in check, fear does not make it tremble, wise judgment does not temper it. (The Fire of Love by Richard Rolle)

No comments:

Post a Comment