Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, May 15, 2014

becoming, thursday

Thursday, May 15

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: God of our creation and re-creation, you who are constantly at work to shape me in the wholeness of Christ, you know the hardness of the structures of my being that resist your shaping touch.  You know the deep inner rigidities of my being that reject your changing grace.  By your grace soften my hardness and rigidity; help me to become pliable in your hands.  Even as I pray this, may there be a melting of my innate resistance to your transforming love.  Amen. (Invitation to a Journey by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Jeremiah 18:1-6

Reading for Reflection:

Dear Potter,
The lump of clay that I am
keeps crying for some form
day by day
I yearn for you to mold me.
This is a trust-song, Lord
I am in your hands like clay
I am ready to be transformed:
I expect to be molded
I expect to be loved
And if by chance
someone should drop me
as your apprentices sometimes do,
I expect to be hurt
I’m just trying to say
I have surrendered to your dream for me
I am in your hands
like clay.
(Seasons of the Heart by Macrina Wiederkehr) 

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                          
Closing Prayer: Take me in your strong and tender hands, O Potter, shape and mold me into the beautiful work of art that you imagined long ago.  Forgive me for how I have marred and distorted that beauty through my sin and willfulness.  Let me surrender completely to your hands, your care, and your desire for my life.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment