Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

devotion, tuesday

Tuesday, May 20

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty, so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!  And behold, you were within me and I was outside, and there I sought for you, and in my deformity I rushed headlong into the well-formed things that you have made.  You were with me, and I was not with you.                                                                                            
                                                                                                ~St. Augustine

Scripture Reading for the Day: Jeremiah 17:5-14

Reading for Reflection:

    Practice comes first in religion, not theory or dogma.  And Christian practice is not exhausted in outward deeds.  These are the fruits, not the roots.  A practicing Christian must above all be one who practices the perpetual return of the soul into the inner sanctuary, who brings the world into its Light and rejudges it, who brings the Light into the world with all its turmoil and its fitfulness and recreates it. (A Testament of Devotion by Thomas Kelly)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                           
Closing Prayer: Holy and Infinite God, full of mystery and the source of all life and love, let me walk with you this day in all that I do.  Give me the grace and the strength to move toward you in any and every way possible; both in faith and in practice.  And, at the end of this day, may I love you more intimately, know you more deeply, and follow you more closely than I did at its beginning.  In the name of your Son Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment