Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

becoming, tuesday

Tuesday, May 13

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: God of our creation and re-creation, you who are constantly at work to shape me in the wholeness of Christ, you know the hardness of the structures of my being that resist your shaping touch.  You know the deep inner rigidities of my being that reject your changing grace.  By your grace soften my hardness and rigidity; help me to become pliable in your hands.  Even as I pray this, may there be a melting of my innate resistance to your transforming love.  Amen. (Invitation to a Journey by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.)

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Corinthians 3:1-18

Reading for Reflection:

Day after day, as we expose ourselves to the light of Jesus and his word, something happens inside us.  We begin to notice things God says to us, things we feel, things we hear, things we see around us.  These things unsettle us and challenge us.  And it may be years before we hear his words to us loud and clear: “We have grown to love each other.  Come closer.  Become like me.” (Beginning Contemplative Prayer by Kathryn J. Hermes)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                           
Closing Prayer:  Drive far from us all wrong desires, O God, and incline our hearts to keep Your ways:  Grant that having cheerfully done Your will this day, we may, when night comes, rejoice and give You thanks; through the One Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.  Amen. (Venite by Robert Benson)

No comments:

Post a Comment