Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, May 4, 2015

solitude, monday

Monday, May 4

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, set the tone, the agenda, and the direction for my life; as well as for the day that is ahead of me.  Let my time with you in solitude be the determining factor for who I will be and what I will do this day.  Amen.  

Scripture: Mark 1:32-39

Journal: Who or what determines how you spend your life each day?  Who or what determined that for Jesus?

Reflection: 
 
     A wise saint once said, “Only he who obeys a rhythm superior to his own is free.”  That was certainly true in the life of Jesus.  In the first chapter of Mark, he and his disciples were staying up late into the evening, the whole town at their door, healing many.  And yet, before the morning light had lifted its sleepy head, Jesus arose and went out to be with his Father.  That’s because it was his Father who determined his steps, not the needs of others, or their demands, or even their expectations.  Thus, when his disciples came and found him, because everyone was looking for him, he was able to reply, “Let us go somewhere else to preach the good news; that is why I came.”  It was the time with his Father in solitude that determined his agenda and direction for the day ahead.  What determines ours?

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Father, give me eyes to see and a heart to respond to all which will come to me this day.  Forbid that I should miss its graces by looking ahead to some tomorrow.  Let me accept the newness each moment brings with awareness and gratitude.  In the name of the one who makes all things new I pray.  Amen. (Disciplines for the Inner Life by Michael W. Benson and Bob Benson)

No comments:

Post a Comment