Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, October 11, 2015

union, sunday

Sunday, October 11

Opening Prayer: Let me know you, O Lord, who knows me; let me know you as I am known.  Enter into my soul and fit it for yourself so that you may have it and hold it without spot or wrinkle.  This is my hope.  Amen.  (Confessions by St. Augustine)

Scripture: John 17:20-26

Journal: Do you realize that Jesus is praying for you in this passage?  What does his prayer for you do within you?  What words or images make something come alive in you?  What does it look like to become one with Jesus?

Reflection:

      one

full of myself
may it never be
but only you
my dear jesus

as rain falling into a pond
becomes one
no longer any rain
only the pond
as a stream flowing into the sea
becomes one
no longer any stream
only the sea
as light coming into a room
from two windows
becomes one
no longer windows
only light

may i melt into you
so that there is
no more me
but only you
my beloved jesus

Prayer

Closing Prayer: And God said to the soul, “I desired you from before the world began.  I desire you now as you desire me.  And where the desires of two come together, there Love is perfected. ~Mechtild of Magdeburg

No comments:

Post a Comment