Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, October 26, 2015

anxiety, monday

Monday, October 26

Opening Prayer: O living and eternal God, you are more ready to give than we to ask.  Grant us a new vision of yourself, that seeing you as you are, we may desire you, and desiring you, may surrender our lives to you.  We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever.  Amen. (The Little Book of Hours)

Scripture: Philippians 4:4-9

Journal: What is the relationship between anxiety and prayer in your life?  What does God desire for it to be?  How do we move from one to the other?

Reflection:
 
All growth in the spiritual life is connected with the clearer insight into what Jesus is to us.  The more I realize that Christ must be all to me and in me, that all in Christ is indeed for me, the more I learn to live the real life of faith, which, dying to self, lives wholly in Christ.  The Christian life is no longer the vain struggle to live right, but the resting in Christ and finding strength in Him as our life, to fight the fight and gain the victory of faith. (With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord, I am yours; I do yield myself up entirely to you, and I believe that you do take me.  I leave myself with you.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will, and I will only lie still in your hands and trust you.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment