Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, October 10, 2015

pray, saturday

Saturday, October 10

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to see, and to be fully aware of the fact, that the spiritual life is indeed a battle.  And not just any battle, but a battle against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Therefore, Mighty Jesus, help me to put on the full armor of God as I wage war with these enemy forces.  And help me to pray, at all times and in all places, so that you might be the one fighting for me and with me—securing my certain victory in this battle for my heart and soul.  Thank you that you have already won the battle for me and that I am already more than conqueror in you.  Thank you Lord Jesus!

Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-20

Journal: How is the battle going?  Are you taking up the full armor of God?  What are you missing?  Where does prayer fit for you in the battle imagery?

Reflection:

We see repeatedly in Scripture that prayer is a walkie-talkie for warfare, not a domestic intercom to increasing our conveniences.  And one of the reasons prayer malfunctions in the hands of so many Christian soldiers is that they have gone AWOL.  (Desiring God by John Piper)  

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:57-58)

No comments:

Post a Comment