Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 8, 2015

pray, thursday

Thursday, October 8

Opening Prayer: Father, what can I say in this hour but to cry out as these disciples cried out, “Lord, teach me how to pray.  Teach me my need.  Tear away this veil from my eyes that makes me think I have any adequacy in myself. . . .  Give me rather, this conscious sense of dependence, this awareness that nothing I do will be of any value apart from a dependence upon you.  In Jesus’ name, Amen. (Jesus Teaches on Prayer by Ray Stedman)

Scripture: Luke 18:9-14

Journal: What is the relationship between true prayer and humility?  Where, and how, is prayer bearing that fruit in you?  Which of the two men is most descriptive of your heart and prayer these days?

Reflection:
 
Here is the path to the higher life: down, lower down! Just as water always seeks and fills the lowest place, so the moment God finds men abased and empty, His glory and power flow in to exalt and to bless. (Humility by Andrew Murray)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: God, be merciful to me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment