Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, October 25, 2015

anxiety, sunday

Sunday, October 25

Opening Prayer: O God, who is willing and able to assist me, what grounds have I not to place my whole confidence in you, to throw myself into the arms of your providence, and wait the effects of your bounty?  You have care of all.  I will therefore give myself up entirely to you, live always in your presence, and ever guide myself by your fear and love.  T is this grace I now ask of you, the God of my heart, and my portion forever.  Grant me to weigh well and to follow your admonition: “Be not solicitous, for your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of all these things.”  Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer)

Scripture: Matthew 6:25-34

Journal: What things in life tend to cause you the most anxiety?  How do you typically deal with that anxiety?  What would it look like to give it all to God?

Reflection:
 
To preserve peace in the time of trouble our will must remain firm in God and be ever directed towards him, that is, we should be disposed to receive all things from the hand of God, from His justice, and from His bounty, with humble submission to His blessed will.  Good and evil, health and sickness, prosperity and adversity, consolations and dryness, temptation and tranquility, interior sweetness, trials, and chastisements, all should be received by the soul with humility, patience, and resignation, as coming to us by the appointment of God.  This is the only means of finding peace in the midst of great troubles and adversities. (Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Here, Lord, I abandon myself to you.  I have tried in every way I could think of to manage myself, and to make myself what I know I ought to be, but have always failed.  Now I give it up to you.  Do take entire possession of me.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will.  Mold and fashion me into such a vessel as seems good to you.  I leave myself in your hands.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment