Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, August 27, 2015

repentance, thursday

Thursday, August 27

Opening Prayer: Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.  When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.  Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.”  And you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Psalm 32:1-5)

Scripture: Psalm 32:1-11

Journal: What are the results of having an unrepentant heart?  What happens when we turn to God in confession, asking for forgiveness?  How is that a part of the process of repentance?  Where does this need to happen in your heart or life? 

Reflection:
 
To repent is to adopt God's viewpoint in place of your own...In itself, far from being sorrowful, it is the most joyful thing in the world, because when you have done it you have adopted the viewpoint of truth itself and you are in fellowship with God. ~William Temple

Prayers

Closing Prayer: You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment