Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, August 17, 2015

intention, monday

Monday, August 17

Opening Prayer: Holy and Infinite God, full of mystery and the source of all life and love, let me walk with you this day in all that I do.  Give me the grace and the strength to move toward you in any and every way possible; both in faith and in practice.  And, at the end of this day, may I love you more intimately, know you more deeply, and follow you more closely than I did at its beginning.  In the name of your Son Jesus.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:6-16

Journal: What does it mean to train yourself for the purpose of godliness?  What does that look like in your life?

Reflection:
Once having the vision, the second step to holy obedience is this: Begin where you are.  Obey now.  Use what little obedience you are capable of, even if it be like a grain of mustard seed.  Begin where you are.  Live this present moment, this present hour as you now sit in you seats, in utter, utter submission and openness toward Him.  Listen outwardly to these words, but within, behind the scenes, in the deeper levels of your lives where you are all alone with God the Loving Eternal One, keep up a silent prayer, "Open Thou my life.  Guide my thoughts where I dare not let them go.  But Thou darest.  Thy will be done." (The Sanctuary of the Soul by Thomas Kelly)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O God, my Father, help me always to fix my hope firmly on you, the Living God.  Help me to live a life that is totally immersed in you, and in the things and the practices that will train me to be more and more like you.  For your Kingdom and for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment