Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, August 29, 2015

repentance, saturday

Saturday, August 29

Opening Prayer: Search me, O God, and know my heart!  Try me and know my thoughts!  And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalm 139:23-24)

Scripture: Psalm 139:23-24

Journal: Hold yourself completely open before God today.  Allow him free reign within you.  Allow him to search the depths of your heart.  Allow him to show you what he finds.  Write about that in your journal. 

Reflection:
 
To repent is to come to your senses. It is not so much something you do as something that happens. True repentance spends less time looking at the past and saying, "I'm sorry," than to the future and saying, "Wow!" (Wishful Thinking by Frederick Buechner)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; see for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—then guide me on the road to eternal life. ~The Message

 

No comments:

Post a Comment