Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

intention, tuesday

Tuesday, August 18

Opening Prayer: Lord God, place a fire deep down in my soul, a fire that constantly makes me yearn for more and more of you.  Help me to never settle for any less than that.  Help me never to settle for a boring, mundane, half-hearted, lukewarm spiritual existence when you desire so much more for me than that.  Through Jesus.  Amen.

Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3-11

Journal: Do you have a plan for your spiritual growth?  What is it?  What will keep your faith from becoming ineffective or unfruitful?

Reflection: It is unlikely that we will deepen our relationship with God in a casual or haphazard manner.  There will be a need for some intentional commitment and some reorganization in our own lives.  But there is nothing that will enrich our lives more than a deeper and clearer perception of God’s presence in the routine of daily living. (Ways of Prayer: Designing a Personal Rule by William O. Paulsell, Weavings, Sept./Oct. 1987)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Father, You alone know what lies before me this day.  Grant that in every hour of it I may stay close to you.  Let me today embark on no undertaking that is not in line with your will for my life, nor shrink from any sacrifice which your will may demand.  For my Lord Christ’s Sake.  Amen, (A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie)

No comments:

Post a Comment