Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

undone, wednesday

Wednesday, March 26

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Here, Lord, I abandon myself to you.  I have tried in every way I could think of to manage myself, and to make myself what I know I ought to be, but have always failed.  Now I give it up to you.  Do take entire possession of me.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will.  Mold and fashion me into such a vessel as seems good to you.  I leave myself in your hands.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

Scripture for the Day: Job 42:1-6

Reading for Reflection:

     Spiritual poverty is the door to freedom, not because we remain imprisoned in the anxiety and constraint which poverty of itself implies, but because, finding nothing in ourselves that is a source of hope, we know that there is nothing in ourselves worth defending.  There is nothing special in ourselves to love.  We go out of ourselves therefore and rest in Him in Whom alone is our hope. (Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Closing Prayer: O God, restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.  Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you.  Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness.  O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.  For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.  The sacrifices you desire are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.  Have mercy on me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment