Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Transfiguration Sunday

Sunday, March 2 (Transfiguration Sunday)

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Gracious God, today begins a period of inner reflection and examination. The days stretch before me and invite me inward to that silent, holy space that holds your Spirit. This special time beckons me to see my life through Christ's eyes and the truth and reality of your love incarnate. Give me the grace to enter the space of these days with anticipation of our meeting. And, when I open my soul to your presence, let your loving kindness flow over me and seep into the pockets of my heart. I ask this for the sake of your love.

Scripture Reading for the Day: Matthew 17:1-9

Reading for Reflection:

     Today is the day set aside by the Church to celebrate, and reflect upon, the wonderful encounter three of the disciples had with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration.  Surely it was an experience that marked them deeply and did a work within them that had to find an outward expression—both to God and to others—in the days and weeks ahead.  To see the glory of Jesus, and to hear the voice of the Father, must have had an eternal impact on these three very ordinary men. 

     And isn’t that our deepest hope for the time we spend with God each day as well?  That we would see him and hear him with such clarity that it would transform us forever?  That is my hope for the time we will spend with him in the days, weeks, and months ahead.  I pray that we might truly encounter Jesus and be forever changed as a result.  And I pray that as we are transformed more and more into his image, that our world would be eternally impacted as well.

 
Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
 
Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for inviting me to the mountain with you today, and every day.  Thank you for desiring my company, longing for my attention, and yearning for my transformation.  May I give all of those to you this day.  In your name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment