Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, March 23, 2014

undone, monday

Monday, March 24

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Here, Lord, I abandon myself to you.  I have tried in every way I could think of to manage myself, and to make myself what I know I ought to be, but have always failed.  Now I give it up to you.  Do take entire possession of me.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will.  Mold and fashion me into such a vessel as seems good to you.  I leave myself in your hands.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

Scripture for the Day: Luke 5:1-11

Reading for Reflection:

The man of broken spirit is one who has been emptied of all vain-glorious confidence, and brought to acknowledge that he is nothing.  The contrite heart abjures the idea of merit, and has no dealings with God upon the principle of exchange.  Where the spirit has been broken and the heart has become contrite, through a felt sense of the [holiness] of the Lord, a man is brought to genuine fear and self-loathing, with a deep conviction that of himself he can do or deserve nothing, and must be indebted unconditionally for salvation to Divine mercy. (Heart Aflame by John Calvin)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Closing Prayer: Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.  Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.  All because of your son, Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment