Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

the spiritual value of fragility

Opening Prayer: Forgive me, Lord Jesus, for always trying to operate out of my strength, rather than allowing others to see my fragility.  Give me the courage and the strength and the grace to operate out of my weaknesses, so that others might be able to see your power in and through me.  Amen.

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Journal: What do you typically do with your weakness and fragility?  How is your fragility an opportunity for God to show his strength and power?  Will you allow yourself to be weak so that his power can be made perfect in and through you?  How?

Reflection: If it is true that the power of Jesus is made perfect in weakness, then why on earth do I constantly expend so much energy trying desperately to not be seen as weak?  Weakness and fragility are not the enemy of the spiritual life, but its friend.  They are not things to be avoided at all cost, but things to be embraced, even pursued.  They challenge our pride, our independence, and our self-sufficiency; all of which are all enemies of the life of the Spirit.  And they produce humility, dependence, and trust—which provide the most fertile soil possible for spiritual growth and maturity.

So why do I attempt to hide my weaknesses and vulnerabilities at all cost?  For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, my adequacy is in you, not in myself.  The sooner I learn that, the better off I will be.  And the more valuable I will be to your work and your kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment