Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, August 13, 2021

becoming

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, please remind me that my becoming is not by happenstance; it takes place through relentlessly making time and space for you.  You are the source of my becoming, but my cooperation is required.  Thus, it takes both attention and intention.  It takes arranging my life, and my days, in certain ways.  Lord Jesus, help me to make time and space for you today…and tomorrow…and the next day.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Journal: What is your becoming at the mercy of these days?  What would it look like to be more thoughtful and intentional about it?  How does God want you to arrange your life so that he might begin to form his life in you?

Reflection:


     take charge

take charge
of your becoming
stop giving the world
so much power over you
give time and space to God
let him control the narrative
he alone knows who
you were meant to be
and he will gladly tell you
if you will just listen

Pray

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to not allow my life to be at the mercy of mood, whim, and circumstance, but help me to arrange it in such a way that it makes time and space for you to move and work and act within me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment