Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, October 5, 2018

knocking

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you! You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you. In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created. You were with me, but I was not with you. Created things kept me from you; yet if they had not been in you they would not have been at all. You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness. You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness. You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you. I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more. You touched me, and I burned for your peace. (The Confessions of St. Augustine)

Scripture: Revelation 3:20

Journal: What would it look like for you to open the door to Jesus today?

Reflection:

     knocking

there is a door
in every soul 
at which you stand 
each day and 
patiently knock

you are not one
to barge in
unwelcomed
that is not your style

your way
is to wait
and to knock
until desire
or disaster
finally wakes us
from our 
distracted slumber
and moves us
to answer

for you want 
to be wanted
you desire
to be desired
you enjoy
being enjoyed

so you knock
and you wait
until we hear
and open

for apparently
you would rather 
wait outside
than force 
your way in

i love that
about you

your love 
never forces
but always waits
to be chosen

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Help me to hear you knocking today, Lord Jesus, and to open the door—that you might come in to be with me and me with you.  O please, Lord Jesus, do not let me, in my busyness and distraction, leave you outside, knocking.  Come, Lord Jesus, into this time and space and fill it with your love and joy and peace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment