Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

decrease

Opening Prayer: O Lord, forgive me when I invest so much time and energy trying to get people to see how awesome I am, when my real job is to get out of the way and help people see how awesome you are.  Lord, have mercy.  Amen.

Scripture: John 3:24-30

Journal: How are you trying to increase these days?  How is Jesus calling you to decrease?

Reflection:

     a little deal

everything within me
wants to be a big deal
except the Jesus within me

he wants me 
to be a little deal
he wants me to live 
a small and quiet and hidden life
that pays careful attention to 
the movement of his Spirit within me
and how he desires 
to be expressed in the world

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Help me this day, Lord Jesus, to become less, that you might become more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment