Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, October 1, 2018

honor

Opening Prayer: Thank you, O Lord, that my salvation and my honor depend on you and not on me.  What a relief to know that I do not have to earn or achieve either of those.  Therefore, my soul can find rest in you alone.  Thanks be to you!  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 62:7

Journal: What does it mean to you that your salvation and your honor (value) depend on God alone?

Reflection: How fine, how beautiful, our true likeness is, which God carries with Him all the time and which He so much longs to show us!  Out of love He has had respect for what we willed and has chosen to wait.  The likeness can only be the likeness to his Son, who in advance of us lived out a true sonship and was obedient to the Father’s will, right up to death on the cross.  From His prayer, from His striving, living and dying, we learn how to pray. (Teach Us to Pray by Andre Louf)

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:7-8, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment