Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 18, 2018

almighty

Opening Prayer: Thank you, Almighty God, that you are with us.  Thank you, O God of Jacob, that you are our fortress.  May we find our rest and refuge in you.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 46:1-11

Journal: What does it do within you to know that the Lord Almighty is with you?

Reflection: If you want to understand the keeping, remember that it is not only an all-inclusive keeping, but it is an almighty keeping.
     I want to get that truth burned into my soul; I want to worship God until my whole heart is filled with the thought of his omnipotence.  God almighty, and the Almighty God offers himself to work in my heart, to do the work of keeping me; and I want to get linked with Omnipotence, or rather, linked to the Omnipotent One. To the living God, and to have my place in the hollow of his hand. (Absolute Surrender and Other Addresses by Andrew Murray)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom, courageous in seastorm and earthquake, before the rush and roar of oceans, the tremors that shift mountains. Jacob-wrestling God fights for us, God-of-Angel-Armies protects us. (Psalm 46:1-3, The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment