Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

transformed

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, change me—from the inside out.  Make me a new person, a new creation.  Help me to leave to life of the flesh behind that I might become more and more the beautiful creation you dreamt of in the beginning.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Peter 4:12-19

Journal: How has God been transforming your life recently?  In the past year?  What specific things can you point to?

Reflection: Christ said: “Deny thyself,” and in spite of that, Peter denied his Lord.  When Christ warned him: ”Thou shalt deny me,” and he insisted that he never would, Peter showed how little he understood what there was in himself.  But when I read his epistle and hear him say: “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye, for the Spirit of God and of glory resteth upon you,” then I say that it is not the old Peter, but that is the very Spirit of Christ breathing and speaking within him.
     I read again how he says: “Hereunto ye are called, to suffer, even as Christ suffered.”  I understand what a change had come over Peter.  Instead of denying Christ, he found joy and pleasure in having self denied and crucified and given up to the death.  And therefore it is in the Acts, we read that, when he was called before the Council, he could boldly say: “We must obey Christ rather than men,” and that he could return with the other disciples and rejoice that they were counted worthy to suffer for Christ’s name. (Absolute Surrender and Other Addresses by Andrew Murray)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O God, when I am controlled by fear, rather than being controlled by love.  Help me to be so captured by my love for you that I am willing and able to bear anything for your will and your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment