Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, September 24, 2018

deny

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me always to choose you, instead of me.  Help me to start today.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 22:24-34

Journal: What is your response to the scriptures today?  Where and how is God asking you to deny yourself?  In what ways might you be denying him?

Reflection: Notice how Christ uses the word deny twice.  He said to Peter the first time, “Deny self”; he said to Peter the second time, Thou wilt deny me.”  There is no choice for us; we must either deny self or deny Christ.  There are two great powers fighting each other—the self-nature in the power of sin, and Christ in the power of God.  Either of these must rule within us. (Absolute Surrender and Other Addresses by Andrew Murray)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me when I choose ease or comfort or fear over choosing you.  Help me to die to self that I might live for you.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment