Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, June 24, 2016

overflow

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me always to see that the end purpose of my life is to give myself away for your kingdom, whatever that may look like.  And you don’t desire me to give myself away in meager measure, but extravagantly.  You want to pour through me like a river, not trickle through me like a leaky faucet.  Therefore, help me to continuously make space in my life for your filling, otherwise I really have nothing to offer this lost and broken world.  Amen.

Scripture: John 20:19-22

Journal: How is God calling you to give your life away?  What does that look like concretely?  What does it mean that as the he sent Jesus, now he is sending you?

Reflection: The man who is wise, therefore, will see his life as more like a reservoir than a canal.  The canal simultaneously pours out what it receives, the reservoir retains the water till it is filled, then discharges the overflow without loss to itself.  Today there are many in the Church who act like canals, the reservoirs are far too rare.  You must learn to await this fullness before pouring out your gifts, do not try to be more generous than God. ~Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord God, fill me to overflowing with your love and affection, that I may drench everyone that comes into my path with your life and love and peace and joy.  For the sake of your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment