Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, June 2, 2016

a place

Opening Prayer: O Jesus, thank you that you go to prepare a place for me.  And thank you that since you go to prepare a place for me you will come back and take me to be with you that I may also be where you are.  It is the deepest longing of my soul.  May the hope of that day sustain me.  Amen.

Scripture: John 14:1-3

Journal: How are you trying to make your place in this world?  What does it mean to you that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for you?

Reflection: It seems that so much of my life involves trying to make, or earn, a place in this world.  Trying to build my own house, if you will.  What a relief to know that I do not have to do that.  I do not have to anxiously scurry around, jockeying for position, breathlessly performing all kinds of tasks, trying to convince myself and my world that I deserve a place in their house, or a seat at their table.  You, Lord Jesus, have already prepared a place for me.  My worth and value, my place in the grand scheme of things is not up for grabs.  You have secured it for me and it cannot be lost.  I have a place to be.  I have somewhere that I belong.  You have made a home for me in your heart for all eternity.  Help me to live like it.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: My place, Lord Jesus, is secure.  I do not have to earn it, or prove I am worthy of it.  It is not a result of how well I perform or how many things I achieve.  It is simply the result of your unfailing love for me.  Thank you!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment