Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

serve, sunday

Sunday, January 31

Opening Prayer: Heavenly Father, as the day dawns and calls me to my labors I ask you to enable me to gladly do the work to which you beckon me.  May I do it as a servant of Christ doing the will of God from the heart.  Amen. (Disciplines for the Inner Life by Bob Benson and Michael W. Benson)

Scripture: Luke 10:1-16

Journal: How has God called you to serve him?  Has is he now calling you to serve him?  How do these verses in Luke speak to that?

Reflection:
 
You have your work.  It will be more meaningful for you, whatever it may be, if you take all the opportunities it affords to serve and give joy to others; if you reverence the things you work with and are conscious that your working with them gives them an opportunity to express themselves at a higher level through your activity and love; if you share some of the fruit of your labor with those less fortunate; if you do all for the love and glory of the heavenly Father, knowing then that your work is part of the transformation of the whole creation, including especially yourself. (A Place Apart by M. Basil Pennington)

Prayer

Closing Prayer:
God give me work
Till my life shall end
And life
Till my work is done.
Amen.
~Yorkshire Tombstone

No comments:

Post a Comment