Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, January 16, 2016

being, saturday

Saturday, January 16

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to live my life this day as a son rather than a slave.  Do not let fear turn me into something I am not any longer, but help me to know that I am a beloved of the Father.  Amen.

Scripture: Romans 8:14-16

Journal: Do you feel mostly like a slave to fear or like a son/daughter of God today?  How are you living as a slave to fear today?  How does being a child of God offer you freedom from that life of fear?  Will you take it?

Reflection: I live as a slave when I start living in fear of what might happen.  I live as a slave when I live my life afraid that I do not have what it takes, that I don't measure up, that I am not enough, that I am of no value.  Then I become a slave not only to fear, but also a slave to circumstance, a slave to comparison, a slave to competition, and a slave to affirmation, achievement, and applause.  That is when I must cling to the truth that I am a son, your beloved son.  You delight in me.  When I truly believe this then, and only then, will I ever be free.  Free to live as you live and free to love as you love.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to love like you love today.  By the power of your Spirit within me, remind me that I am your child, and rid my heart of all that is not love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment