Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

being, thursday

Thursday, January 14

Opening Prayer: Transform me, O God, into the image of your Son Jesus.  Help my heart to reflect his heart, and my face to reflect his face.  May I shine with his glory all the days of my life.  Amen.

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:16-18

Journal: When you look in the mirror, what do you see?  What (or who) does your life reflect?  How will you become more like Jesus?

Reflection:

     one

full of myself
may it never be
but only you
my dear jesus

as rain falling into a pond
becomes one
no longer any rain
only the pond
as a stream flowing into the sea
becomes one
no longer any stream
only the sea
as light coming into a room
from two windows
becomes one
no longer windows
only light

may i melt into you
so that there is
no more me
but only you
my beloved jesus
(Pieces II by Jim Branch)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, my God, help me to become one with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment