Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, January 23, 2016

grow, saturday

Saturday, January 23

Opening Prayer: Father, I love You Whom I do not know, and I embrace You Whom I do not see, and I abandon myself to You Whom I have offended, because You love in me Your only begotten Son.  You see Him in me, You embrace Him in me, because He has willed to identify Himself completely with me by that love which brought Him to death, for me, on the Cross. (Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton)

Scripture: 1 Peter 2:21-25

Journal: In what ways is Jesus calling you to follow in his steps today?  Specifically, what does that look like?  What does it mean to you that by his wounds you have been healed?  How will that impact your life today? 

Reflection:

I want to be a mirror that reflects your whole being,
and never to be too blind or too old
to hold your heavy, swaying image.
I want to unfold.
Nowhere do I want to remain folded,
because where I am folded, there I am a lie.

                                                ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to love like you love, this day and every day.  Rid my heart of all that is not love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment