Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, June 8, 2014

pentecost sunday

Sunday, June 8 (Pentecost Sunday)

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
                                       
Opening Prayer: O Loving God, who breathed me into being, breathe your Divine Breath in me again this day—that I might be filled with your life and guided by the winds of your Spirit.  For the sake of your Son.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: Acts 2:1-13

Reading for Reflection:

I feel the winds of God today; today my sail I lift,
Tho’ heavy oft with drenching spray, and torn with many a rift…
It is the wind of God that dries my vain, regretful tears,
Until with braver thoughts shall rise the purer, brighter years…
Great Pilot of the onward way, Thou wilt not let me drift;
I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift.
(A hymn by Jessie Adams, 1863)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                         
Closing Prayer: God, who as at this time taught the hearts of your faithful people
by sending to them the light of your Holy Spirit: grant us by the same Spirit
to have right judgment in all things and evermore to rejoice in his holy comfort;
through the merits of Christ Jesus our Savior, who is alive and reigns with you
in the unity of the Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.  (Oremus)

No comments:

Post a Comment