Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, June 13, 2014

the breath of God, friday

Friday, June 13

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: O Loving God, who breathed me into being, breathe your Divine Breath in me again this day—that I might be filled with your life and guided by the winds of your Spirit.  For the sake of your Son.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: 1 Kings 19:9-13

Reading for Reflection:
 
The Spirit is like a gentle breeze, giving direction and breathing life into every event of our life and every word that we say.  Gentle breezes seem to change direction frequently; the Spirit does that with us.  We think we’ve got something going, a great inspiration has set us on what seems to be a lifelong way, when suddenly we discover the Spirit anew, and another fascinating encounter with the divine occurs. (Beginning Contemplative Prayer by Kathryn Hermes)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
            
Closing Prayer: Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.  Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.  Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.   Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.   Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.  Amen.
                                                                                      ~St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment