Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, June 21, 2014

shaped by the word, saturday

Saturday, June 21

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Saving God, you set your heart on us and made us your own.  May we listen with the ear of our hearts to the many ways your Word and your love will be present to us and formed in us this day.  We ask this through Jesus, the Word made flesh.  Amen.  (The Work of God)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Isaiah 55:6-13

Reading for Reflection:
 
If we would dance our way into some deeper communion with God, we must stop working on the Word, wherever it is found, and let the Word begin to work on us. (Living Prayer by Robert Benson)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
            
Closing Prayer: Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end.  Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.  Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.  Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!  Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.  Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared.  Turn away the reproach that I dread, for your rules are good.  Behold, I long for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life!  Amen. (Psalm 119:33-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment