Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, June 23, 2014

prayer, monday

Monday, June 23

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of you.  You only know what I need.  You know me better than I know myself.  O Father, give to your child what he himself knows not how to ask.  Teach me to pray.  Pray yourself in me.
                                                                ~Archbishop Francois Fenelon

Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 131:1-3

Reading for Reflection:
 
Prayer is being loved at a deep, sweet level.  I hope you have felt such intimacy alone with God.  I promise you it is available to you.  Maybe a lot of us just need to be told that it is what we should expect and seek.  It feels presumptuous.  We can’t trust that such a love exists.  But it does. (Everything Belongs by Richard Rohr)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
             
Closing Prayer: O God of peace, who hast taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of thy Spirit lift us, we pray thee, to thy presence, where we may be still and know that thou art God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer)

No comments:

Post a Comment